| Initial Questions | Types of Firms | Deciding on a Firm |
How to find the right CPA
It’s not as easy as you would think. You can look in the yellow pages and find thousands of CPA’s, but how do you know which one CPA or accounting firm is right for you? Believe is or not, not all CPA’s are alike. No one CPA specializes in all areas.
So how do you find the right CPA?
Questions to ask yourself:
• Does your CPA advise you throughout the year? If not, why not?
• Does your CPA just prepare your tax returns at the end of every year?
• Do you feel that you pay too much tax?
• Do you feel that your tax returns are prepared correctly?
• Does your CPA understand your financial goals and work with you to help you achieve them?
If you are unsure or unhappy with your answers above, you probably need a new CPA. Learn about the types of firms out there.
The information provided on these web pages is the author’s opinion based on over 14 years in the accounting industry.